1/23/11

Tonight

I am officially back into the swing of things. The big fat swing that spins round and round like a never ending roller coaster ride that I begged to get on.

Geez.

I started school last week and when Friday night came around... I realized how incredibly difficult this semester is going to be. I haven't had a major freak out yet (I have about 4 a semester, ha) so I think I am starting on a relatively good foot. But we will see.

My classes are as follows:
Intercultural Communications
Cross Cultural Psychology
Theories of Personality
British Literature 4
American Literature after the 1920's
Health Psychology

I'm excited for my Health Psychology class. One of our big projects is make a positive health change. My change will be to be physically active for 45 minutes, 3 times a week. Seems easy right? Well considering my week is full...we shall see. I am anticipating the project and fearing it all at the same time.

I mean, who doesn't want to be healthy? :/

I have cut my hours this semester from 35-40hr weeks to 25 hr weeks. The stress of trying to keep my grades and keeping a store together was putting me at a brink. Very grateful my job has allowed me to do this. Sometimes I look at my week and think... What are you thinking Mackenzie?

Truthfully, I'm not sure of the answer.

I am ahead on all my homework though (currently) and I am feeling confident to just relax tonight. I am drinking a delicious lager in a wine glass, laundry is pounding recklessly behind me and I hear the shrill of "Call of Duty Black Ops" lingering in the other room.

Life is full, rich and tonight I am savoring no stress.

It's nice to be here... I don't get to come here often.

Still praying that God shows Zac and I his will for this next season of our lives. It is the one thing I hold terribly tight to heart and at times have a difficult time releasing it to the Lord.

Ugh.

Perhaps I'll go make some delicious swirl bread and some unhealthy chocolate chip cookies. This maybe the only night for awhile to do.

Just.
Savoring the moment.

4 comments:

  1. you're a machine, mackenzie! good luck w/ the semester, and say hello to that delicious swirl bread for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. Your honesty, your posts. Thank you for sharing your heart. Have an excellent week! Hope the baking was yummy and the body is ready to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are simply amazing Mac...really...you simply are...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mackenzie the great thing about "truth" is when someone tells the truth. We live in a world of pretend and I respect, appreciate, value and understand so much in your heart. Before the "crazy" dispensation arrived most people close to our family said there were three introverts. You..Sam and me. That is a family tribe and outsiders may have opinions but they will never be family. I think when you Zac and Cohen have the chance to leave Colorado Springs and all the fluffy dust behind you will embrace a destiny you were meant for. In the meantime you have the love, respect and passionate celebration of your father...

    ReplyDelete