3/14/11

I Believe

I believe that arguments last as long as you let them, even until death.
I believe that trust trumps all other values in marriage, without it, you have nothing.
I believe that the sun is brightest when the snow is whitest.
I believe that faith requires an aptitude of grief attached.
I believe true friendship does not require a daily, weekly or even monthly phone call.
I believe that I did myself the greatest disservice when I quit dance and piano.
I believe regrets are just failures that are etched in the back of our brains.
I believe we say things like “I don’t regret anything” to mask the real pain surrounding our guilt.
I believe that child birth is the worst and best pain I have ever felt.
I believe that it’s ok if a mother has to grow to love her child.
I believe that love is fleeting and a foolish word we throw around.
I believe in the gift of letting go at the right time.
I believe that one’s sexuality is not a choice.
I believe in the power of one voice to change the world they see.
I believe that peace only comes through tolerance, acceptance and the ability to admit when one is wrong.
I believe that America is not the greatest nation on earth.
I believe in single mothers and the wonderful gift they are to the world.
I believe I need to take care of the homeless, love the fatherless and give to the widow...more.
I believe that candles are better light than the harsh florescent lights we have created.
I believe that the emerging church has much more truth than is lead on.
I believe that much of who I am is founded on the neurons that stimulate me and not such much on the environment that surrounds me.
I believe we are all warriors and survive something at least once in our life.
I believe that chrysanthemums are so lovely when they are white, laced with purple.
I believe in the sanctity of life and pray for the breaths that were never taken outside the womb.
I believe in hope for the future.
I believe I create my own hope through my choices.
I believe that there will always be people who want your life…and you will want theres.
I believe that bubble baths cure most aches of the body.
I believe that bubble baths and an old vine zin will cure all aches of the body.
I believe that the choices I make now will ring on forever.
I believe that no one knows you better than yourself, well, maybe your washing machine.
I believe that you should never have sex with someone who you can’t see raising a child with.
I believe you can’t be prolife and pro death penalty.
I believe that my introspection is my deepest despair.
I believe that Jesus keeps saving me, not just once.
I believe that a sunset can smell like a salty ocean if you let it.
I believe that technology, not sex or violence, could destroy this next generation of leaders.
I believe in Karma and paying it forward.
I believe that Americans don’t laugh enough at themselves.
I believe that fifteen minutes of yoga can put me in a better mood.
I believe that an education is imperative and thirst for knowledge is key to keeping up with our world.
I believe ignorance and arrogance to be the most distasteful qualities.
I believe hate can wear high heels and a cross around her neck.
I believe that one’s sexual desires drastically changes from 18 to 23 and that it isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
I believe that God weeps over the way he has been extorted into a money making machine.
I believe that family comes first, even if it takes a lifetime to get there.
I believe that God is steadfast, even in my disobedience.
I believe in myself to do the impossible.

3 comments: