4/17/10

Adapt


Now that Zac is back working full time I find it more difficult to manage every aspect of what is going on. Don't get me wrong I am so grateful Zac has a job and can get back out in the work force and make some money. Both of us working full time has pulled on our relationship though. I don't like "making time" for each other. I told my mom today "How sick is it that we work so hard to never see our children or the homes we pay for???"

I suppose this transition time is getting the best of me.

I have one year of school left and I will be a college graduate... I am so grateful on so many levels that I stuck with my passion of staying in school even when everything else in life seemed hazy and made ZERO sense. After this year it will be another transition...

Life is full of transitions.... jobs, children, more children, animals, moving, family....

Letting go is the bottom line. Often times I sink my teeth into something and I don't want to leave it. The comfort is more attractive than the perspective that "this is temporary."

I am constantly reminding myself of that notion. This is purely temporary.

Adapt means:
  • make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose;
  • adjust: adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions;

I like the idea to "change to suit a new purpose." Zac and I are realizing that we have a new purpose. That goals are changing and the quicker we embrace them... the sooner peace will set in.

My goal for tomorrow is to adapt and embrace what is going on even in the simple things. I do it for sanity but mostly to grow.

Growing is painful... adapting is a stretch... but God is good.

1 comment:

  1. Mackenzie your "tomorrow goal" is ideal: to adapt and embrace what is going on even in the simple things. Good to keep in mind for all our tomorrows. I will. :)

    Great last sentence. Yep. Growing is often painful or at best uncomfortable. Adapting is a stretch. Yet you will always find God faithful to you.

    I appreciate you more than you know.

    ReplyDelete